Albert Einstein said, “Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.”
Always keep in mind the consequences of your own behavior as a leader:
- If you are not loyal to your employees, they will not be loyal to you.
- If you do not respect your employees, they will respond in kind.
- If you don’t care about your employees, they won’t care about you or your endeavors.
- If you don’t look out for their interests, they won’t look out for yours.
- If you don’t treat your employees with respect, they will not treat you or your customers/guests/members with respect.
- If you are abusive to employees, the good ones will leave; only the poor ones will stay.
- Remarkable service is all about attitude; treating employees badly fosters bad attitudes.
“A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not.”
Your example sets the standard for all your employees. Don’t blame them if they don’t have high standards.
Thanks and have a great day!
This weekly blog comments on and discusses the hospitality industry and its challenges. From time to time, we will feature guest bloggers – those managers and industry experts who have something of interest to say to all of us. We also welcome feedback and comment upon the blog, hoping that it will become a useful sounding board for what’s on the minds of hardworking hospitality managers throughout the country and around the world.
Hospitality Resources International – Management Resources for Hospitality Operators!